What is a C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
By Gregg Marsh
Just because someone is not sick it does not mean they are well! Most diseases today take 15-20 years to develop, but a healthy lifestyle can go a long way towards prevention. The information presented by a CHEK Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach doesn’t include ‘quick-fixes’- which never work long term - but rather tried and true principles. An individual’s health lies in their own hands; a C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach is simply there to show them the path.
A C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach (NLC) is trained through the prestigious Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology Institute of San Diego, U.S.A.
Having first qualified as a CHEK NLC I, they can then go on to complete 2 further levels of the CHEK NLC Program as designed by Paul Chek – founder of the CHEK Institute. This can take up to 2 years to complete.
The NLC will explain effective techniques for attaining optimal health from the inside out. This approach has helped clients increase vitality, decrease stress levels and sculpt the body of their dreams. The NLC approach identifies common problems that, if not quickly identified, can become roadblocks to success (such as ineffective exercise programming, poor nutritional habits, stress, hormonal imbalance and gastro-intestinal disorders). For example, undetected food allergies can make all your efforts to flatten your abs come to a screeching halt!
The NLC has methods for creating individualized eating strategies to enhance the physiology of each person with whom they work through metabolic typing. Additionally, the NLC will show the importance of food quality, choosing foods correctly, food allergies, when and how to rotate your foods, water and optimal hydration, exercises and environmental factors.
The key factors in the CHEK NLC approach are:
• Understanding the nutritional difference between commercially grown foods and organically grown foods.
• Knowledge of the importance of eating organically grown produce and wild/free range meats.
• Being able to identify the most important roadblocks to success and the order in which they must be addressed.
• Appreciating the importance of balancing the overall stress levels in the body.
• Understanding how sleep, stress, nutrition, digestion and exercise are all inter-related, and where to find solutions to resolve issues in yourself./o
The NLC will also use the following advanced protocols to coach their clients to health and vitality:
• Uses an advanced assessment technique.
• Is trained in advanced metabolic typing techniques and knows how to incorporate supplements into the metabolic typing program.
• Comprehends the necessary relationship principles between food and lifestyle habits and our ability to fully cultivate optimal spiritual, mental, emotional and physical abilities.
• Understands the correlation between digestion and immune system health.
• Recognises food and lifestyle habits as a therapeutic medium for maintaining and restoring health and wellness, for themselves and their clients.
• Is able to use advanced questionnaires, physical evaluations forms and testing to evaluate a client’s current level of wellness, awareness and interest in making lifestyle changes. This aids in developing a plan of action to improve their health.
• Understands disclaimers as they relate to medical paradigm versus functional or preventative medicine.
• Knows where and how to access multidisciplinary support systems to help coach their clients.
Quite simply, a C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach is able to teach the client how to improve their own health and vitality through easy to understand methods, simple lifestyle changes and a common sense approach to food.
© Gregg Marsh 2005
CHEK I, NLC II, NSSM, MPACT
Mindbodyfree – Body Movement- Nutrition – Pilates – Sports Massage
Gregg Marsh is a C.H.E.K. Practitioner Level I, a C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach Level II, he is a certified Sports Massage & Remedial Therapist and a Pilates Specialist.
He runs a successful Body Movement and Nutrition Coaching Company along with his partner Siobhán O'Sullivan.
They are both available for consultations for those who wish to change their lives around and create ....."strength from within"
email : [email protected]
This article was posted by Gregg Marsh