Successfully Marketing Massage
By Ariana Vincent, RMT, MTI
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” (Carl Jung)
In order to create a thriving massage therapy business, you need to utilize a multitude of lead generation strategies. Successful marketing involves presenting who you are in such a manner that people can make an informed choice about utilizing your services. One of the keys to success lies in developing and implementing a multitude of client generating strategies. Another key lies in determining your target market and monitoring your marketing to see what avenues are most effective in reaching your target market. The more lead generation tools you use, the more income you'll generate. It’s a simple as that!
20 Steps: Successfully Marketing Your Massage Practice
“I can give you a six word formula for success: Think things through - then follow through.“ (Eddie Rickenbacker)
1. Business cards – never leave home without them
2. Intake forms – utilize them for marketing
3. Networking - form marketing business alliances
4. E-mail – stay connected with clients and colleagues
5. Direct mail – send postcards and seasonal greetings
6. Newsletters - recapture lost clientele and encourage potential client
7. Gift certificates – market them year round
8.Web sites – establish a presence on the web9. Follow up – send thank you notes and call clients
10. Publishing articles – publish and send copies to clients & colleagues
11. Referral incentives – offer a bonus for referrals
12. Brochures – one of your best marketing tools is your beautiful brochure
13. Emphasize your uniqueness – what sets you apart?
14. Nurture your clients - surpass your client's expectations
15. Be well organized - Develop a systematic strategy for marketing.
16. Diversify and prosper – offer a variety of modalities and services
17. Expand your beliefs – positive thoughts only…
18. Utilize resources – read, find a mentor, surf the web
19. See with new eyes – release limiting beliefs and envision success
20. Take good care of yourself - receive regular bodywork sessions.
Remember to minimize your expenses by strategizing ways to get to your unique market without formal advertising when possible.
It's as simple as it seems. The more lead generation tools you utilize in your massage therapy practice, the more income and prosperity you will generate. The key is to produce tools that give you a balanced return on your investment When you use more lead generation tools, you stabilize and accelerate the growth of your business. If you're using five to ten lead generation tools, and one of them starts to fade, you still have numerous other lead generation tools working tirelessly for you to enhance your successful massage practice.
On the other hand, if you're using only one or two lead generation tools, and one of them fades, your marketing system is cut in two - making the income from your massage therapy practice significantly less stable! The choice is your’s!
Live your best life!
“One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.” (Wayne Gretzky - Canadian Ice Hockey Player)
The author of this article, Ariana Vincent, is a Registered Massage Therapist and a Certified Massage Therapy Instructor based in Austin, Texas. She is available to teach and practice nationally and internationally.
Ariana Vincent, RMT, MTI
Registered Massage Therapist & Instructor
P. O. Box 684036
Austin, TX 78768
This article was posted by Ariana Vincent